About Commercial Electro Plating Inc.An Established Zinc, Nickel, & Tin Plating Company since 1956
Mr. Marvin Mac McQuone started our company in 1956. At that time he ran the shop and office by himself while learning the zinc plating business one day at a time. His wife Hazel while raising 2 children was also the bookkeeper. For 5 years, the business struggled to survive, but with hard work and faith the business grew.Expanding the Business
In 1965 when Mac was looking into tin plating to expand his business, the cost of copper was very high, and the industry started using aluminum for buss bar in electrical panels. The aluminum had to be tin- plated, and this was the opportunity that he was looking for. By 1969, the business had outgrown the small shop, land was purchased, and a new 5000-square-foot shop was built.The Saga Continues
The 1980s were an era of the new EPA, and with all the new regulations, Mac decided it was time to let go of some of the responsibilities. It was during this time that his long time foreman Fred Rendon and his son Dave started running the business. The business added another 12,000 square feet in 1997 to our current size of 17,000 square feet. We have 12 full time employees and have expanded the range of operation to Northern California.